The holiday season is almost here, and Pinterest boards are in full swing, guest lists are being put together and if you are planning a party at home in Dubai, here’s the latest on what you need to consider first! On Tuesday the 19th of October 2021, guidelines for organising social parties, weddings, funerals and other gatherings at home were announced by the National Emergency, Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA).
NEW RULES FOR ‘AT HOME’ SOCIAL GATHERINGS, WEDDINGS & EVENTS IN THE UAE:
- Setting a capacity of 80 percent, with a limit of no more than 60 people.
- Setting 10 individuals as serving staff.
- Attendees who have received the vaccine and 14 days have passed since, are allowed to attend, provided they meet the green pass requirements through the Al Hosn application.
- All attendees must provide negative results of PCR tests conducted less than 48 hours prior to the events date.
PRENTATIVE MEASURES TO BE TAKEN DURING AT HOME EVENTS INCLUDE:
- Temperature checks at entry points.
- Masks to be always worn, unless eating.
- Event venues to be continuously sanitised and disinfected.
- Sanitisation tools to be readily available for all in attendance.
- Entry processes to be well organised; there cannot be any crowding at the entrances.
The NCMEA also urged attendees showing symptoms of Covid-19, including respiratory symptoms or fevers, to refrain from attending any gatherings or occasions. In addition to this, attendees are advised not to shake hands and to always keep a physical distance of 1.5 meters.
Remember to follow us on Instagram via @homeclubme for the lots of home life inspiration. Search our vendor club for licensed home service providers and join our private Facebook group for interactive chat and advice.