Can you believe it’s already that time of the year… EASTER!
Easter is a beautiful season to embrace as it reflects springtime; a season of blooming flowers, pastel colours and the myriad of ways you can celebrate the occasion. For many families, dyeing Easter eggs, egg hunts or family brunches are long-standing traditions. And whilst Easter celebrations might look a bit different this year, that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate it at home with our loved ones and still make it special.
We asked three talented UAE interior designers to create easy-to-replicate Easter table setting ideas sharing their tips on how to make an affordable yet stylish tablespace.
So whether you’re serving up your traditional Easter brunch or throwing an afternoon tea, we hope these table setting ideas will help and inspire you to style your dining table décor easily and beautifully.
**Did you know: Eggs are seen as an ancient symbol of fertility, while springtime is considered to bring new life and rebirth.**
TABLESCAPE #1: THE BOHO TOUCH
You might not immediately go for such a neutral palette as your Easter decoration at home, but seeing this table setting may have you thinking otherwise.
“I went for neutrals (as always) and decided to use neutral fabrics too,” says Hazel interior blogger and stylist @house.ofhazel whose Easter Tablescape style reflects her specific style and her home. With a linen table runner, woven placemats and neutral colour fabric, this minimalist Easter table setting is definitely a boho lover’s dream.
- Start with a colour palette & theme
- Buy tableware and fabric that will work for Easter but also throughout other seasons as well
- Make a focal point at the centre with multi-level vases and decorations
- Use natural elements such as woven placemats to bring a fresh and natural vibe
- No need to buy decoration for Easter specifically, especially if you don’t have time; just take a napkin, fold, cradle and bow – Here it is ‘Bunny ears’
TABLESCAPE #2: SPRING IN THE AIR
A traditional colour palette never goes out of date, but if you are not a fan of colour, pastels are the perfect compromise for a pretty yet simple table décor theme.
“You can’t go wrong with pastels at Easter,” says Viviane Khoury, an interior architect from @byvivianekhoury.
You simply can’t have an Easter table decoration without adding fresh flowers and greenery! It is all about that sunny spring fresh look!
- Choose a table theme & colour scheme that reflect the occasion and most importantly your personality
- Add a tablecloth for softness and elegance
- Add placemats to elevate the plates
- Keep base elements as tablecloth, plates, glasses etc. neutral and add touches of colour with flowers and napkins
- Why choose one centerpiece when you can have many! Mix and match vases, candles, eggs and bunnies with different heights around the table to give a sense of movement
- Adding an egg reflects the occasion nicely and becomes a stand-out element
- If possible, try to set your table the day before, giving yourself time to marinate over your decisions, reflecting on the table décor details.
TABLESCAPE 3: RUSTIC HONEY BUNNY
““The candy honey bunny Royal Albert tea-set is too good to be true- just perfect for Easter!” says Neeshay, an interior designer from @thenichecorner. You might not immediately associate blue as a typically Easter/spring colour, but this tablescape of blue, white, pink and touches of greenery, definitely reflects the spring theme with a rustic style.
While the colours aren’t the most common for Easter, they make for a gorgeous Rustic-inspired display. In addition, the blue and white decor looks so pretty against the brown eggs.
- Think outside the box and don’t be afraid of using new colours or details
- Keep everything neutral except for touches of colour with dishes/napkins
- Keep it stylish and simple
- Add a table centerpiece as a focal point. It is a perfect and quick solution when you have little time for redecorating.
- An Easter table dressing isn’t complete without a touch of greenery and, of course, eggs as decoration
So many beautiful ideas to choose from, or even mix and match for your Easter table décor. We love how affordable and low maintenance they are! With the exception of a table runner, I imagine most of the Home Club ME readers will find most of these table decoration ideas around their homes already. We’re excited to see what you come up with, so please do tag us @homeclubme with pics of your beautiful Easter day tablescapes.